Towns Served: Bethel, East Bethel, Gaysville, Stockbridge, Pittsfield and Barnard
Directions to Food Shelf at the White Church Church: I-89 Exit 3, right three miles to Bethel Village. Continue north through the village on Route 12, turn left on Route 12 over the bridge. The church is immediately after the bridge on the left.
Hours and Contact:
Monday: Noon to 2:00 pm
Wednesday: 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Paula Beal, Director: 234-6359
Residents must be verified by a current electric bill or phone bill. If you do not pay your utilities you must provide a rent receipt from your landlord stating that fact.
Full name and physical address must be provided. A Post Office Box is not aceptable
Family information is needed
This information is for the VT Food Bank where we obtain our groceries
We need to know the number of household members:
- Children: under 18
- Seniors: 65 and over
- Other adults
We need to know if someone in the household is employed.
When you sign in,
Please give your name to the volunteer when you arrive, so they can record your visit.
Please sign in on the legal pad at each visit
We limit visits to no more than:
- 2 per month for a single person household, or
- 3 per month for families of 2 or more
What you receive:
- Families up to 3 receive 1 brown bag per visit
- Families of 4 or more receive 2 brown bags per visit
- Bulky items such as bread products and potatoes or fresh vegetables may be taken separately in small plastic bags and do not need to be part of your bag/bags limit.
- There are limits on certain items which may include: coffee, sugar, tuna fish, dairy products, frozen foods, laundry and dish detergent, shampoo and conditioner and toilet paper and paper towels.
Some of our groceries are purchased at the VT Food Bank. We cannot always get what we need so some days we offer more choices than others.
Please be patient if it is busy. Clients seem to arrive in bunches.
Our Workers are all volunteers from area churches. ALL of our funds are from local sources. We are a shoestring budget operation but we hope we can be of help to you.
- Coffee: 1 can per visit regardless of family size
- Sugar: 1 box or bag per visit regardless of family size
- Tuna Fish: 4 regular size cans or 1 large size per visit
- Dairy Products:
- 1 milk
- 1 cheese
- 1/2 or 1 carton eggs
- Frozen Foods: 1-2 items – depending on size
- Laundry Detergent and Dish detergent: 1 per visit
- Shampoo and Conditioner: 1 each per visit
- Toilet Paper: 2 rolls per visit regardless of family size
- Paper Towels: 1 roll per visit regardless of family size